The Current Station #7 opened at 11 a.m. on December 29, 1980. The first Station 7 was a two-story, three-bay station located at 706 East Tenth Street and was built in 1927. This was one of the busiest stations in Oak Cliff. Station 7 answered many notable fires including a 5 alarm fire in the early 70's at a paper mill located just south of the station on Clarendon. The station closed when nearby Station #15 on Eighth Street opened in 1975.
Located in a residential area of North Dallas, Station #7 was built to blend well with area residences with its modern structure lines and stucco composition.