Fire Station #41 opened January 16, 1958, as a single company station. This station has 2 full bays and 1 1/2 bay and contains 5,585 square feet.
The district around Station #41 has remained largely residential through the years. This station has affectionately become known as the "Preston-Royal Fire Department" to local residents and business owners around the station. In fact, when the station got its first television set, it was donated by the merchants of the Preston-Royal Shopping Center.